Friday, March 26, 2010

The best laid plans and validation

Yesterday was my day to change my schedule, to become the homemaker I should be, the mother I should be, the housekeeper I should be. I was planning for today, yesterday, as I baked and cleaned.
Today, I was going to be up early with the kids and stay up after..like yesterday. I was going to do a crock pot meal, a pork roast. I was going to wash and HANG UP CLOTHES, to save energy. I was going to be frugal, bake more, and be the master of my home.

Yesterday, I was rejoicing with my progress..I was tired, but a good tired and as I returned home at 9pm from my final errand of the day..all I could think of was my bed..and my pillow..and SLEEP. There were visions of my plans for the next day...and then.....

My phone rang. My hubby's grandmother was sick and needed me to rush her to the hospital.
We got there at 11pm and I finally left at almost 6 am..a full 24 hours after I woke up the previous day. She was admitted to the hospital and I left to make sure my kids were up for school.

I went to sleep, hubby took the kids to the bus stop..that is after he too got home from a double shift. We got home almost at the same time and he volunteered to take the kids. I did not argue..I was grateful.

Well, a couple of hours later my oldest woke me up to take him to work..I don't know how I got home..called hubby's aunt to let her know about her mother, and then fell asleep again..around 12:30pm..my hubby woke up to go to work and I eventual got out of bed, got lunch and made his lunch and then sulked.

My day was blown. No crock pot meal, no laundry hung out in the spring sun, no homemade frugal lunch..well, I did use my homemade bread to make my hubby's lunch..but with McDonald's in one hand and my super size soda in the other, I sulked.

Then I realized..you should thank God. You should thank God that you were available for Molly, you should thank God that you didn't have to call in to any job. You should thank God that you were there and that is one reason you want to be frugal..to be HERE for those who need you.

Wow, I did thank God.
And now I am eating my crock pot roast that I made regardless of the time..and it was good.
I just folded the two loads that I washed and HUNG UP..AND!!!!...I got an awesome deal at CVS.

2 Colgate toothpastes and two small bottles of Dawn dish detergent for..the insane amount of...


FOUR CENTS!!

and left the store with two $3.99 extra care bucks for another day.

PRAISE GOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment