Wednesday, March 24, 2010

reading

What's On Your Nightstand

Currently I am reading, Jesus the Christ by James Edward Talmage, The Book of Mormon, War and Peace and a children's book called Katarina by Kathryn Winter.

Jesus the Christ is a very interesting book that I have had on my shelf for years. I never tried to read it and always wanted to attempt it..finally, I did.

Currently, I am on chapter 2 and have already had a few Ah-ha moments. I might tell you about them later.

The Book of Mormon is a constant book on my night stand, but I am striving to read it on a regular basis..what helps now is that my kids have been challenged at church to read the whole Book of Mormon. I have 2 non-readers, and I must read to them if I want to help them meet this challenge. So, I read with them and then alone.

War and Peace is another book that I am rereading. I read the book a very long time ago and loved it..but have forgotten many of the details..so here I am again trying to read it.

The children's book Katarina was one I found long ago and got it for my kids who never seemed to read it. It seemed lonely so, I am now reading it. Its good, for a children's book. It is about the Holocaust through the eyes of a young girl.

So, there you have it..the books on my nightstand.

No comments:

Post a Comment