Thursday, March 25, 2010

a deal and an update.

I just returned from Walmart, had to get some last minute things like deodorant that my hubby forgot to tell me he need until he had to go to work. Since I had to drop my son off with the missionaries (he goes with them in preparation for his own mission), I decided to stop at walmart and get the needed items. Before I left, I took a glance at my "from scratch" dough that was STILL rising and figured I would see what happens to it after I return.

While at Wal-Mart, I remembered that I had a coupon for $1.50/3 off any hormel, spam or (something else I forgot). I went over got some yeast (gotta do what I gotta do), and then searched for the spam singles. They had some today, and they were .84 cents. I grabbed 6 because I had 2 coupons.
6 spam packs @$.84 = $5.04
subtract 2 $1.50 coupons=$2.04
making each $.34

I do believe that is one good deal. My son loves them, and they are a good snack for him. I know they are not the healthiest but he loves them, they are easy, and they save heartache when he is in search of a quick MEAL before dinner..did I mention he is 15 and 6'2?

When I returned, I took another gander at my dough and it actually rose. It was double its size. Not knowing what to do, because I had punched it down already once..only because it was "time" to punch it down..I punched it down and assumed it was the second punch down. Now the dough is rising in the tins...hopefully it will not take HOURS to rise in the tins. But, I will take what I can get.
My kids ate the bread from the bread maker, but they noticed it was just not the same. The bread was to dense and heavy.

Tomorrow I will try again with new yeast.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. It's nice to meet you!

    I enjoyed reading your blog...
    Good luck with it!

    all the best,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete